2.24.2009

Getting ink on your hands

Over the last couple of years there has been a trend in the design world to get back to basics and to hand build or draw out the design, to use letterpress, make your own type or screen print a design instead of have it sent to a printer. I for one like this trend and although unfortunately I have not had much chance to use with my clients I still like to get my hands dirty and use dip pens and watercolors and inks.

This sketch is of the word ink which seems to come into play in many of the forms of handmade design from sketching/drawing, screen printing, letter press, painting and so on. Sketch done with a fountain pen, dip pen, toothbrush for the splatter, waterproof ink and white watercolor. Hope you enjoy.

(click image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment